I don't want you getting(to get) too weird with this.

< Previous | Next >

pickyx

Chinese
Context:You are gettng too weird with this (impersonating police).So I said "I don't want you getting too weird with this."Is this sentence correct?

• Gavril

English, USA
    Context:You are gettng too weird with this (impersonating police).So I said "I don't want you getting too weird with this."Is this sentence correct?
    The sentence is grammatically correct, but I would recommend saying something else in this context: for example, you could say,

Could you stop pretending to be a policeman? It's getting a bit weird.

pickyx

Chinese
    The sentence is grammatically correct, but I would recommend saying something else in this context: for example, you could say,Could you stop pretending to be a policeman? It's getting a bit weird.
    Gavril, thank you, your confirmation is good enough for me. Thanks!

Gavril

English, USA
    Gavril, thank you, your confirmation is good enough for me. Thanks!
    You're welcome. One other small note: you said that the person was "impersonating police". That suggests that the person was trying to make people believe that he was a policeman (by dressing up in police clothes, etc.).

If you mean that the person was just playfully pretending to be a police officer (for example, by talking like one), I would recommend saying imitating rather than impersonating.

< Previous | Next >