I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day, which is

< Previous | Next >

roniy

ISRAEL: Fluent Hebrew ( Speak Russian, Learning English)
"I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day, which is 16oz/200 ml of water each day"

What are other possibilities to start the second part of the sentence ? what could you put instead 'which is' ?

Thanks.

• Stephen16

England - English
    "I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day, which is 16oz/200 ml of water each day"

"I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day, that is 16oz/200 ml of water each day"

"I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day, that's 16oz/200 ml of water each day"

A brand new suggestion for the sentence...

"I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day, that's 16oz/200 ml per day"

Hope that helps!
    Bye!

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)

I drink 8oz/ 100ml of water twice a day: a total of 16oz/ 200ml each day.

(You should, of course, be drinking at least six glasses of water a day :D)

roniy

"I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day, that is 16oz/200 ml of water each day"

"I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day, that's 16oz/200 ml of water each day"

A brand new suggestion for the sentence...

"I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day, that's 16oz/200 ml per day"

Hope that helps!
    Bye!
    It helped :)
    Thanks.

tomandjerryfan

English (Canada)
    You can also enclose the last part of your sentence in parentheses:

"I drink 8 oz/100 ml of water twice a day (16oz/200ml per day)."

roniy

I drink 8oz/ 100ml of water twice a day: a total of 16oz/ 200ml each day.

(You should, of course, be drinking at least six glasses of water a day :D)
    Thanks for the other suggestion .

Yes I know that I need to drink 6 glasses , and I'm trying to :)

sdgraham

USA English

What are other possibilities to start the second part of the sentence ? what could you put instead 'which is' ?

Thanks.

I would delete the second part of the sentence because the math is so simple that the effect is wordy, i.e. too many words to say the same thing.

On the other hand, my online converter says that 8 Imperial ounces = 227.3 milliliters, not 100.

ripchord

English - Ireland
    Hi roniy - I have just come across your trick question while searching for else. I suggest you leave "which is" as is, and complete the sentence thus:

"I drink 8 oz/100ml of water twice a day, which is incorrect". As you will undoubtedly know, there are 237ml in 8 oz US fluid measure.

Wishing you a joyful and peaceful Easter.

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    A problem: As Ripcord points out, 8 ounces isn't 100 ml; it's 236.6 ml to be exact; that's a per-day total not of 200 ml but of 473.2 ml.

< Previous | Next >