I felt like getting a bit of culture.

Akhlaqi

Persian
hello there

"I went to the Louvre on Saturday. I felt like getting a bit of culture".

Could you please rephrase the second sentence?

Thanks

• JamesM

It would help us to understand the confusion if you could tell us what you think it says. It's a very common way of expressing something, in my experience, and I'm not sure which part is confusing. Is it "I felt like"?

We're not really supposed to do general edits, proofreading or re-writes, so we need a little more information from you to help us pinpoint the question. "Please rephrase" is a request but not a question.

Last edited:

Akhlaqi

Persian
    I don't really understand the meaning. What does "getting a bit of culture" mean? Do we have a synonym for that? Could you please clarify it for me?

srk

English - US
    See definitions 4 and 5 in the WRF dictionary for the word "culture".

• the artistic and social pursuits, expression, and tastes valued by a society or class, as in the arts, manners, dress, etc
    • the enlightenment or refinement resulting from these pursuits

In the context of your original post, I would like to experience a little of the feeling of enlightenment that comes from looking at fine art.

It can also be said tongue-in-cheek, as though looking at refined things will ensure that a little of the refinement rubs off on the person doing the looking.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >