I felt very welcomed

frenchie02

English
Hola todos!

I want to say:

My exchange was so lovely and her family so kind that I immediately felt very welcomed.

Could I say:

Mi intercambio era tan preciosa y su familia tan amable que inmediatamente me pareció muy....

And then I am stuck on the last bit!

Thank you so much in advance!

• blasita

Spain. Left six years ago
    Diría p. ej.: El intercambio fue estupendo/maravilloso y su familia fue tan amable que desde el principio/enseguida me sentí a gusto/bienvenido.

Saludos.

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    If by "welcome" you want to say you felt "at home", you could say:

My exchange was so lovely and her family so kind that I immediately felt very welcomed (at home) = Mi intercambio fue tan grato y su familia tan amable que inmediatamente me sentí como en casa.

Hope that helps.

Saludos,
    LN

jsvillar

Spanish - Spain
    I'm assumming that 'my exchange' is what you call the other student of the exchange program, because later you say 'her family'. You could say 'Mi pareja de intercambio era maravillosa...' and then continue with either of the options given by Blasita and Laura.

By the way, 'preciosa' means she was beautiful, that's why they have suggested to translate 'lovely' as 'estupendo', 'maravilloso' and 'grato' (they use masculine because they are talking about the exchange, not the student).

ndantaz

Spanish
    Hi I believe this is what you are trying to say:

"Mi intercambio fue tan precioso/maravilloso y su familia tan amable que inmediatamente me sentí bienvenido/a"

Hope this comes in useful.

< Previous | Next >