I [found] myself afoot on the road to Lowton

Irelia20150604

Chinese
The context comes from Jane Eyre Chapter 10

The succeeding week seemed long: it came to an end at last, however, like all sublunary things, and once more, towards the close of a pleasant autumn day, I found myself afoot on the road to Lowton. A picturesque track it was, by the way; lying along the side of the beck and through the sweetest curves of the dale: but that day I thought more of the letters, that might or might not be awaiting me at the little burgh whither I was bound, than of the charms of lea and water.
====
Hi everyone! I don't understand the word "found" here. I've found the thread find oneself doing something "I noticed that I was stepping back.". So does the bold part mean "I noticed myself walking on..." ?

• owlman5

English-US
    This is just another way to say "I happened to be walking on the road to Lowtown" rather than being somewhere else or doing something different.

One fine day I found myself in Acacia Park when... = One fine day I happened to be in Acacia Park (not somewhere else) when...

Irelia20150604

Chinese
    This is just another way to say "I happened to be walking on the road to Lowtown" rather than being somewhere else or doing something different.

One fine day I found myself in Acacia Park when... = One fine day I happened to be in Acacia Park (not somewhere else) when...
    I see. Thank you for your explanation. :D

< Previous | Next >