I fumbled in my first Army-Navy game.

• Papaty

Frensh-morocco
    Yeah it's in the beginning of the serie NCIS season 1 episode 1.and it was a commander who say it...

Egmont

English - U.S.
    Army-Navy game: a traditional (all but a few years since 1890) football (American football, not soccer) game played between cadets at the U.S. Military Academy (Army) and the U.S. Naval Academy (Navy) every fall. If this was said on NCIS, we can assume that the speaker was on the Navy team.

Fumbled: Dropped the football while carrying it. This is almost always a bad thing to do. Players are ashamed of fumbling.

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    Without any other information to go on, I would understand this to mean that while the commander was attending the United States Naval Academy (also known as "Navy"), he played on the football team. During the annual game against the United States Military Academy (also known as "Army"), he fumbled the football -- that is, he had possession of the ball, but lost possession of it. Fumbling the ball can lead to serious disadvantages for the player's team.

Edit: cross-posted

heypresto

English - England
    Army-Navy game: a traditional (all but a few years since 1890) football (American football, not soccer) game played between cadets at the U.S. Military Academy (Army) and the U.S. Naval Academy (Navy) every fall. If this was said on NCIS, we can assume that the speaker was on the Navy team.

Fumbled: Dropped the football while carrying it. This is almost always a bad thing to do. Players are ashamed of fumbling.
    I've learnt something - thanks. :)

< Previous | Next >