كان القمر فوق رأسي
لذلك أنا أعطى حبي بدلا

• tuhal

USA
    American English
    The first line is fine, but the second line could be improved as follows:

لذلك أعطيت حبّي بديلاً
    … or the last word as كبديل

My idea here is that: 1) you need to shift the verb 'to give' into its past tense form to match the English, and 2) translation of 'instead' in this line is tricky, since 'instead' is usually translated into Arabic with the prepositional phrase بدلا من , which would require an object of the preposition min, which simply doesn't happen to exist in this English line that you are translating, hence I translated the notion of instead using the nominal/adjectival form badiil, which is 'an alternative'.
    I'm looking forward to see other suggestions.

Lovelightpeace

English
    The first line is fine, but the second line could be improved as follows:

لذلك أعطيت حبّي بديلاً
    … or the last word as كبديل

My idea here is that: 1) you need to shift the verb 'to give' into its past tense form to match the English, and 2) translation of 'instead' in this line is tricky, since 'instead' is usually translated into Arabic with the prepositional phrase بدلا من , which would require an object of the preposition min, which simply doesn't happen to exist in this English line that you are translating, hence I translated the notion of instead using the nominal/adjectival form badiil, which is 'an alternative'.
    I'm looking forward to see other suggestions.
    Thank you:)

< Previous | Next >