I get my head out of the bubble

chopin7

Albanian
Hello
It's a documentary about TT race in the Island of Man, "Closer to the edge".
Some rider is talking about a scary corner named Ballagarey, but called affectionately Ballascary
because it is so scary and so on.
He tries to describe why it is so scary. One of the problems of this corner, according to him, is that it is unsighted at the entry point. And he goes on by saying,
"The big problem with Ballagarey is it's unsighted on your entry point.
So as I'm coming up to here now I'm still hard on the gas, at the 30 mile an hour sign here now,
this is where I come off the gas. I come down one gear effectively, I get my head out of the bubble,
and my head's getting ripped off my shoulders, but at that point also I'm trying
to look for my peel in point but I still can't see it. I know it goes to the right
but where do I turn in? "

As a matter of fact, this is a very hard English for me.
What does he mean with "get my head out of the bubble" and after that "my head's getting ripped off my shoulders"?
Is he trying to be metaphoric? Any idea about what on earth this guy is talking about?

Thank you

• dadane

English (London/Essex)
    Don't worry it's about a clear as mustard to me too. Get ones head out of the bubble in this case would suggest coming down from a state of exhilaration to a state of clear thinking, i.e. it's been fun but if I don't clear my mind and focus now then I'm in trouble.

< Previous | Next >