I had 3 piano lessons a week. 3 times a week?

< Previous | Next >

jinkyeong park

korean
Hi. I was watching something. and there a lady said " I had 3 piano lessons a week , isn`t it crazy?"
I understood 3 piano lessons a week must mean a lesson 3times a week, then it is not a crazy thing to do.

So does it mean you had 3 piano lessons in one day?? and doesn't really say how many days a week??

• velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    We don't know why she thought it was "crazy". Perhaps the lessons were wildly expensive, or she had an insanely full time-table. It means what Tegs said it means, but some people exaggerate when they use the word "crazy".

It was crazy at the shoe shop today. (The shop was very busy.) :)

jinkyeong park

korean
    We don't know why she thought it was "crazy". Perhaps the lessons were wildly expensive, or she had an insanely full time-table. It means what Tegs said it means, but some people exaggerate when they use the word "crazy".

It was crazy at the shoe shop today. (The shop was very busy.) :)
    yes in the context she probably had an insanely full time-table ^^

Myridon

English - US
    Piano lessons would be private lessons here. The standard is one per week. The student is supposed to practice on the six intervening days and show improvement at the next lesson. Three lessons a week would be crazy. :)

jinkyeong park

korean
    Piano lessons would be private lessons here. The standard is one per week. The student is supposed to practice on the six intervening days and show improvement at the next lesson. Three lessons a week would be crazy. :)
    oh now I see!!!!! thanks a lot !!!!!

Roxxxannne

English (northeastern US)
    Theoretically, three piano lessons a week could mean one lesson per week in three different types of piano playing: for example, jazz improvisation, classical piano, and technique that has to do with neither genre. She could have a lesson in jazz on Monday afternoons, in classical on Wednesday mornings, and in technique on Thursday mornings.
    Or it could be three lessons at the intermediate level in learning how to play the piano.
    Either way, she has a crazy schedule. :)

Myridon

English - US
    Theoretically, three piano lessons a week could mean one lesson per week in three different types of piano playing: for example, jazz improvisation, classical piano, and technique that has to do with neither genre. She could have a lesson in jazz on Monday afternoons, in classical on Wednesday mornings, and in technique on Thursday mornings.
    Or it could be three lessons at the intermediate level in learning how to play the piano.
    Either way, she has a crazy schedule. :)
    She would need to practice for each type of lesson so she would need to practice 2 hours a day on the days with a lesson and 3 hours a day on the days with no lessons. :eek:

*Edit*: Perhaps she could get by with half an hour for each type.

jinkyeong park

korean
    She would need to practice for each type of lesson so she would need to practice 2 hours a day on the days with a lesson and 3 hours a day on the days with no lessons. :eek:
    does she have to practice everyday? because to me just because she takes lessons doesn't mean she has to practice that long.. ^^;;; here is is judy Joo I don`t know think you know her anyway ^^

Myridon

English - US
    Piano teachers expect you to practice every day. My piano teacher made me keep a logbook so I could show her that I did.

:confused: I have no idea who you're talking about because you haven't told us anything but that it was "something."

< Previous | Next >