I have a great motivation to participate in

< Previous | Next >

scouseland

Spanish
Topic: I have a great motivation to participate in
Cagey, moderator

HI
I have googled this sentence and it doesn't appear. I am writing a letter of motivation for a scholarship and need to know if you English speakers think it sounds right.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Hello, scouseland.

What you gave us isn't a complete sentence; something should follow 'in'.

Please give us a complete sentence, and tell us what part of the sentence puzzles you. We don't check over sentence for errors, but if you give us a starting point, people will try to help.

scouseland

Spanish
    I have a great motivation to participate in the x winter school. The underlined part is the one that puzzles me. Do you say like that? as I have only found sentences with I am greatly motivated to participate in xx and I wanted to use the one I say. Thank you.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    To tell the truth, I would expect the other sentence [I am greatly motivated....] though your version is grammatical. I would use other, if I were going to describe the motivation:
    I have a great motivation to participate in the x winter school: I am an Olympic skier and your school offers Olympic quality skying.

scouseland

Spanish
    HI Cagey, thank you. I didn't want to sound like everyone else but I think I will have to use 'greatly motivated' then. Thanks for the other idea. Thank you.

< Previous | Next >