I have accomplished studying English

< Previous | Next >

Serious dude

Arabic
"I have accomplished studying English"

Context:
I was bored, but I wasn't allowed to play, so I decided to finish studying and go play. After I have finished studying, I had started playing, and then my mother came in, so I replied, "I have accomplished studying English"

• Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    No, the sentence isn't natural. I think you need something like: I have done some study today/I have studied some English today, so it's fine if I play for some time.

The word "accomplish" is usually used to refer to an achievement. It refers to completing something that's reasonably significant.

Hermione Golightly

British English
    Are you talking about doing your homework? For some inexplicable reason, learners are taught the word 'study', but native speakers use 'study' to refer to advanced learning, at the very least at university degree level. (And not even then!) Way past the time you do anything your mother tells you, or 'go out to play'!
    You need:
    'I've finished my homework.'
    'I've done my homework.'

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    Like? And how am I supposed to know whether something is reasonably significant or not?
    How is anyone supposed to know whether something is significant, or unimportant, or surprising? You consider it, think about it, and decide.

accomplish - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
    Here's the dictionary entry for the word. You'll find several earlier threads on the word at the bottom of the page. There should be some that will help you understand better how it's used.

Linkway

British English
    MUM: Hey, SD, why are you playing, wasting your time?

SD: But, Mom, I've finished study for today. I've completed my English assignment (homework, etc).

< Previous | Next >