I have always wondered whether it is possible to tackle this issue

dikom

Italiano/Vèneto - centrale
Hi all,

After having illustrated an actual problematic situation about a given profession, I would like to write a sentence where I say a) I've been thinking a lot on a possible solution and b) how this profession could be important for the entire economy (if the issue that limit its development is resolved). These are my attempts:

"I have always wondered whether it is possible to tackle this issue, giving dignity to this important profession."

"I have always wondered whether it is possible to tackle this issue and give dignity to a profession that has the power of enhance not only culture but the entire economy of a territory."

Which one do you think is best/correct? Do you have a better sentence in mind to express the same concept?

Thank you.

• ewie

English English
    Hullo Dikom. The second sentence is very good ... except that you need power to enhance not only the culture ...

The first sentence works less well because it rather suggests that tackling the issue and giving dignity to the profession are the same thing or parts of one single process. Which I can't imagine they are: I imagine that the second will be a result or corollary of the first:)

dikom

Italiano/Vèneto - centrale
    Thank you very much for the correction and expanations! Detailed answers like yours are really helpful in learning a language!

< Previous | Next >