I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Grammar / Gramática Español-Inglés' started by Tuatara, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Tuatara New Member

english
    Hi, I'm writing a spanish essay and I need to know how to talk about the future. I want to say things like........
    I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years
    Is this right?
    Tener mi novio de 3 años
    The ceremony will be on the beach of Koromiri island
    una ceremonia del lado de la playa en la isla de Koromiri.

I also want to talk about mine and my boyfriends family such as
    Only about 20 people are coming mi novio es inglitera and his madre, abuela y his best man Richard are flying from England. Mi familia y mi amigos are coming from Nueva Zelanda y Esados Unidos.

Then go on to describe my dress etc
    On my wedding day I will be wearing a crème coloured dress with intricate embroidery and jellewed stiching which hangs about mid calf length. My hair will be up or down I’m not sure jet, but if I wear it up I have a beautiful clip made from venitian glass in the shape of a pink and white lilly. My bouquet will will be composed to peachy colours with maybe some white and pink. The ceremony should wonderful we are getting married in the afternoon at 4 pm to enjoy the last rays of sunshine and have our reception around sunset at a nice restaurant on the beach. We have many bottles of Vuve cliqueco to enjoy the rest of the evening with before we fly off to Atutaki island for our honeymoon.

Como se dice llegará en englais?

I know this is alot and I dont expect anyone to translate this completely for me or anything, But just the basics would be really helpful.

Thanks

2. Liiliia Member

USA
    Mexico/ español
    He estado con mi novio por 3 años. (you can use either one)
    Tengo 3 años de relacion con mi novio.

Solo asistiran alrededor de 20 personas; Mi novio es de Inglaterra, su madre, abuela y su mejor amigo Richard vuelan desde Inglaterra. Mi familia y amigos vienen de Nueva Zelanda y Estados Unidos.

has lo que puedas con el otro para ayudarte.

espero poder ayudarte........

3. Ana_Fi

Ana_Fi Senior Member

Madrid, Spain
    Spain - Spanish
    Tener mi novio de 3 años
    Llevo 3 años con mi novio. (very colloquial)
    Llevamos 3 años de novios. (a little more formal)

The ceremony will be on the beach of Koromiri island
    La ceremonia se celebrará en la playa de la isla Koromiri

Only about 20 people are coming mi novio es inglitera and his madre, abuela y his best man Richard are flying from England. Mi familia y mi amigos are coming from Nueva Zelanda y Esados Unidos.
    Sólo asistirán unas 20 personas. Mi novio es inglés y su madre, abuela y Richard, el padrino de boda, vendrán desde Inglaterra (en avión). Mi familia y amigos vendrán desde Nueva Zelanda y Estados Unidos.

Why don't you give a try to the rest?

4. Tuatara New Member

english
    gracious, thats fantastic, I've only been learning espanol for seis weeks y have to write an essay, I wanted to be creative about it but all these words and tenses I haven't learn't yet so I'm just going to write about my family as its much easier.