I have my house painted

DodoSVK

Slovakia - slovakian language
Hi..I would like to ask you about using expresion "HAVE/GET + object + past participle"

I have my house painted.
I will have my house painted.

I get my house painted.
I will get my house painted.

As you can see I am not sure whether I am expected to use WILL or not. Or can I say these sentences by both ways? Is it correct both with or without will as well?

And is any difference between these two sentences below?
I get my house painted.
I have my house painted.

Thank you

• hly2004

Banned
    chinese
    Hi,

In my opinion, there is no difference between "HAVE+ object + past participle" and "GET + object + past participle".

Let's wait for others' opinions

:)

rhiannonhelen

English, England
    This is where I would use them:
    If your house still hasn't been painted, I would say "I'm going to get my house painted". I think this sounds better than "I will get my house painted" - that's grammatically correct, but I think you're more likely to use it with another clause. "If the weather's nice this weekend, I will get my house painted."
    Likewise with "I get/have my house painted", it requires an additional clause. "When my house looks old, I get it painted."
    If you want to say that at this very moment in time the painting is going on, I would say "I am getting my house painted."
    I prefer the use of "get" although I can't really explain why. "to have it painted" would sound better if you said "I have my house painted by the boy next door."

DodoSVK

Thanks for your opinion. And what do you think about using will? Is sentence "I have my house painted." forwarded to the future even though there is no will?

Does it sound strange with WILL? becouse for me it is more natural to use Will in this sentence,so I would be pleased If I could use it..

DodoSVK

Thanks rhiannonhelen. You have explained me what I was looking for!

rhiannonhelen

English, England
    To me when the sentence stands alone, "I will get my house painted", it seems like it's lacking something. You need to add something like "Now I have money, I will get my house painted." "Tomorrow I will get my house painted." "I know what I'll do today! I'll get my house painted!"