I have thought about what you said to me yesterday

TunS

English - Ireland
Hallo Allen:

I was wondering If someone could check the following sentence for me?

'Ich habe darüber nachgedacht, was mir Sie Gestern gesagt hat, und ich mọ̈chte akzeptieren'.

'I have thought about what you said to me yesterday, and I would like to accept'.

Thanks for reading. :)

• Hutschi

It is almost correct.

'Ich habe darüber nachgedacht, was Sie mir gestern gesagt haben, und ich mọ̈chte akzeptieren'.

"Haben" is in plural in the polite form.
    Note the sequence.

Whether the last part (und ich mọ̈chte akzeptieren') is correct, depends on the context.

TunS

English - Ireland
    Hello and thanks for the help Hutschi. :)

It is almost correct.

'Ich habe darüber nachgedacht, was Sie mir gestern gesagt haben, und ich mọ̈chte akzeptieren'.

"Haben" is in plural in the polite form.
    Note the sequence.
    Ah! I always make such simple mistakes, walking before I can run may be the problem. :eek:

Whether the last part (und ich mọ̈chte akzeptieren') is correct, depends on the context.
    Oh yeah, sorry about that, I should've provided context. When I say accept I mean 'accept a business proposal', have I used the correct verb?

Hutschi

Yes. But you should add "Angebot" or "Vorschlag".

... und ich möchte Ihr Angebot annehmen/Ihren Vorschlag akzeptieren.

Both are basically the same but one or the other is preferred depending on context.

"Möchte" is here a special polite form. You can also say "Ich akzeptiere Ihren Vorschlag."

"Angebot" often includes the price while "Vorschlag" emphasizes the content.
    In some context both are the same.

Another form is: "Ich bin mit Ihrem Vorschlag einverstanden." - This does not work wit "Angebot".

If it were critic:

'Ich habe darüber nachgedacht, was mir Sie gestern gesagt hat, und ich akzeptiere Ihre Kritik'.

TunS

English - Ireland
    Hi again Hutschi,

Thanks for replying. :) They're quite specific, aren't they? So, Angebot is like an offer, whereas Vorschlag a suggestion.

< Previous | Next >