I have to found

< Previous | Next >

tablecloth

Spanish
Hi, everyone!
I was listening to one song by Najwa Nimry and the lyrics goes " I have to found what evolve my head". Is that participle any kind of slang or is it just a mistake?
Thank you very much in advance.

• Boston Dude

Banned
    English of USA
    "I have found" or "I have to find" would be correct. But, like Pan said, musical artists have this thing called "poetic license". They can break the rules if they so please.

Boston Dude

Banned
    English of USA
    Hi, everyone!
    I was listening to one song by Najwa Nimry and the lyrics goes " I have to found what evolve my head". Is that participle any kind of slang or is it just a mistake?
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Even the whole example here: "I have to found what evolve my head."

I can't figure out what "what evolve my head" even means. It seems either incomplete or grammatically incorrect.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    This is one source for the lyrics of Following Dolphins by Najwa Nimri:

The lyrics characterize the singer by his use of nonstandard English:
    Following the dolphins
    I have to plummet into a big depth
    I have to found what evolve my head
    They allow me to see them tails

The singer gets up in the morning and plans to spend the whole day swimming.

It is beyond me to explain what this particular style of nonstandard English represents.

tablecloth

Spanish
    In fact, when I read "follow them tails", I thoght about some people from Dublin who say for example "I know them girls" or "I've seen them flowers" but I've always interpreted that as "the" not as "their" maybe I was mistaken, or maybe this is a different nonstandard English. Tha question is ... where did she learn English? that could help.
    Thank you verry much for all your help :)

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    In fact, when I read "follow them tails", I thoght about some people from Dublin who say for example "I know them girls" or "I've seen them flowers" but I've always interpreted that as "the" not as "their" maybe I was mistaken, or maybe this is a different nonstandard English. Tha question is ... where did she learn English? that could help.
    Thank you verry much for all your help :)
    For clarification, though it's a bit off topic, in the above examples, them is in place of those, not the.

< Previous | Next >