I hope I could help you guys a little bit and great that yo

Caesats

Chinese
Hi everyone
1.I hope I could help you guys a little bit and great that you listen to german music
I see"a little bit" modifies "help"。Does "great" modify hope? What object of verbs does the underlined sentence belong to?

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Where did you find this sentence, Caesats? It's not grammatically correct. The two clauses seem to have little or nothing to do with each other.

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    It's not correct because the second clause lacks a subject and verb such as "and I think it's great…" It's something someone might say in casual conversation where it might be understood by inflection.

Caesats

Chinese
    It's not correct because the second clause lacks a subject and verb such as "and I think it's great…" It's something someone might say in casual conversation where it might be understood by inflection.
    in the first clause ,writer means "I help you translate German into English"
    So the second clause means"I hope it's great that..."or just"it's great that..."?

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    As Florentia said, there's no verb for the second clause. As it stands, with only the one verb, it means "I hope I could help ... and [I hope it's] great."

Caesats

Chinese
    As Florentia said, there's no verb for the second clause. As it stands, with only the one verb, it means "I hope I could help ... and [I hope it's] great."
    If hope is the only one verb,then the second clause must have "that" before it。For example,I hope I could help...(,)and that it's great that..."
    If the second clause is independent clause,then the whole sentence is"I hope I could...(,) and it's great that"
    Are they correct?

< Previous | Next >