I just send it back to you or I just sent it back to you

alopezt

Mexican Spanish
Hello!

I would like to know if I could write this: I just send it back to you or I just sent it back to you. In case that I can use both what is the diference?

Thanks

• alopezt

Mexican Spanish
    sorry I'm not sure I understand very well. If i want to say that I have sent something a few minutes ago can I say I have just sent it? or I just sent it?

neal41

USA, English
    sorry I'm not sure I understand very well. If i want to say that I have sent something a few minutes ago can I say I have just sent it? or I just sent it?
    "I just sent it" and "I have just sent it" have the same meaning. In general the simple past 'sent' focuses on the action itself and the present perfect 'have sent' focuses on the result of the action, but in some cases, perhaps in many cases, there is very little difference. If you indicate a specific time reference like 'a few minutes ago' you must use the simple past. Say "If I want to say that I sent something a few minutes ago . . ."

Loob

English UK
    Hi alopezt

There's a problem with your question. Your original post - and the title of your thread - implies that you're asking about the difference between present tense "I just send" and present perfect "I have just sent".

But your second post seems to indicate that you're asking about the difference between past tense "I just sent" and present perfect "I have just sent".

What, exactly, is your question?:).

< Previous | Next >