I know what's love

Katerin1

Russian
I took this sentence from Lady Gaga's and BLACKPINK's song – Sour Candy:
"I might be messed up
But I know what's love"
there is not a question but the word order as in the question in the second sentence. Is it correct? If it's wrong, why does Lady Gaga keep singing like that?

• Glasguensis

Signal Modulation
    English - Scotland
    What’s love is two syllables. What love is requires three. I expect they chose the non-standard word order to fit the rhythm they wanted. This is not unusual in poetry and songs.

Chasint

English - England
    ... but later on she does sing "I'll show you what's me" so the question doesn't go away, and the answer is still as given in #2 and #3.
    Okay.

Normally, we would say, "I'll show you what I am". In my opinion, "I'll show you what is me" is in fact inverted partly to fit in with the metre of the song. There perhaps is a slight difference in meaning because when you say "I'll show you what I am" it usually refers to your character. In this case she is talking at least partially about undressing and showing herself naked.

billj

British English
    Okay.

Normally, we would say, "I'll show you what I am". In my opinion, "I'll show you what is me" is in fact inverted partly to fit in with the metre of the song. There perhaps is a slight difference in meaning because when you say "I'll show you what I am" it usually refers to your character. In this case she is talking at least partially about undressing and showing herself naked.
    I don't follow you.

There's no inversion in either of those examples.

Glasguensis

Signal Modulation
    English - Scotland
    But since the usual order is subject verb complement then neither subject verb or verb complement are inversions.

billj

British English
    "I am" (subj vb) is inverted to become "is me" (vb comp).

That's not inversion, but simply reversing the order of the subject and complement.

When we talk of inversion in such examples, we normally mean subject-auxiliary inversion.