I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to the French education system

virginiawoolf

English, Canada
Hello,

I'm trying to write a Formal letter, and would like to close the letter by saying "I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to the French education system"

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

• Gardefeu

French (France)
    Welcome to this forum, virginiawoolf. I'm sure your French must be excellent. What would you say?

virginiawoolf

English, Canada
    There was a time my French *was* decent, but it's been almost 6 years since I used it, so it is at best 'passable'. The contribution I will make to the French Education system will be as a English teacher, so that's why I'm by no means confident about my French abilities.

Quand meme.... I would probably write "J'ai hate du l'ocassion de contribuer a le system scolaire Francaise."

But I know that is that is just a French translation of an English sentence.

Gardefeu

French (France)
    That's pretty good!
    The rules of this forum are that you have to submit your own attempt, before we correct it (if needed).
    Well, it is a wee bit needed, here!
    J'ai hâte [forget about the opportunity bit] de collaborer au système scolaire français.

virginiawoolf

English, Canada
    Thank you kindly, Gardefeu! You were very helpful. I guess I missed that part of the rules initially, but I will remember from now on. Merci bien!

Gardefeu

French (France)
    You're wholeheartedly welcome, virginiawoolf, ask as many questions as you like! You'll always find nice and devoted foreros eager to help...

< Previous | Next >