I mistakenly put the appointment on my calendar for 12:30 pm, instead of 10:30 am.

< Previous | Next >

Pino76

Hello, I wonder if you could help me improve the following sentence or tell me how you would construct a sentence saying something like this:

"I mistakenly put the appointment on my calendar for 12:30 pm, instead of 10:30 am."

I know (or hope) that everyone can perfectly understand what is being said here, but I'm a perfectionist and somehow it doesn't seem completely natural to me. Maybe I didn't choose the correct prepositions (?)
Your help will be much appreciated.

• lingobingo

English - England
    There is no “perfect” way to say it. Yours is as good as any. Another would be:

I accidentally wrote the appointment on my calendar as 12:30 instead of 10:30.
    (or “… put the appointment down in my diary …”)

Uncle Jack

British English
    The only doubt I have is the word "on". However, I cannot see any objection to "on" if the calendar is something secured to a wall (although I would probably choose "in", myself). For a calendar in Microsoft Outlook, for example. I think "in" would be a better preposition.

Pino76

The only doubt I have is the word "on". However, I cannot see any objection to "on" if the calendar is something secured to a wall (although I would probably choose "in", myself). For a calendar in Microsoft Outlook, for example. I think "in" would be a better preposition.
    That's very helpful Jack. As a matter of fact I did mean a calendar as a software application so I'm going to use "in". Thank you!

< Previous | Next >