I remember, I used to get pissed whenever you spoke in French

idontknow

Kuwait
Can anyone please translate this:

"I'm great, thanks! I remember, I used to get pissed whenever you spoke in French. But lately, I've been finding it fascinating!"

Please + thank you!

• lpfr

France, french
    Je suis très bien, merci! D'habitude je me fâchais quand un de vous parlait en français. Mas dernièrement, je commence à le trouver fascinant!

kiwi-di

New Zealand, English
    I used to get pissed whenever you spoke in French.
    If you are using this expression to mean angry, brassed off etc. you should know that in some countries (Australia, New Zealand - not sure about other British-English countries) that sentence means "I used to get drunk whenever you spoke in French". :)

In those countries, you need to say "I used to get pissed off whenever ....."

pyan

English, UK, London
    Hello idontknow

Welcome to the forums.

You will notice I have changed the title. The title is now taken from your text. One of our rules, rule #4, says "Put the word or phrase in the title when asking a question." Please have a look at the rules in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Happy posting.
    Pyan

Asset

United States, English
    If you are using this expression to mean angry, brassed off etc. you should know that in some countries (Australia, New Zealand - not sure about other British-English countries) that sentence means "I used to get drunk whenever you spoke in French". :)

You do not necessarily have to say pissed off in AE to mean angry. One could say "I'm so pissed right now," which means "I'm really mad right now." The only time you have to use off after pissed is when you're talking about somebody else. Like "That guy is really pissing me off."

SteveD

British English

Yes, in the UK:

Pissed = drunk

Pissed off = annoyed, angry, irritated, fed up

< Previous | Next >