I sold my rage

VD15

french - france
Hi,

I've been watching Vampire Diaries. There are two vampires (Damon and his brother) who want to kill the Original Family. They need stakes made out of a white oak tree. The structure of a bridge of Mystic Falls (that's the town) was made out of this wood and is beeing removed. The vampires were about to get some wooden pieces from the bridge but they got double crossed and all the lumber got burnt down. A "friend" of Damon set him up and made sure there was no potential stakes left. He was angry. At the end of the episode, he comes back home and meets his brother. He's in a good mood because he found out that the historical sign of the bridge had also been made out of the white oak tree. So, they've got weapons and noone knows.
His brother to Damon as he shows him the sign: "They think all the wood burned". (They = people who got the lumber burnt down)
Damon: "I sold my rage. Shoulda seen me." (Sounding quite proud of himself)
Bro: "We have a weapon".
Damon: "Game's back on, brother. Let's go kill some Originals".
I don't get what Damon means by "I sold my rage. Shoulda seen me." Can anyone help me?
Thank you! :)

• MJRupeJM

USA
    English- U.S.
    I would say "sell" is used to mean "to develop a belief in the truth of." (MW) He made the friend believe he was angry ("sold his rage") when in fact he was not, since he had the wood he needed.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I don't get what Damon means by "I sold my rage. Shoulda seen me." Can anyone help me?

Yes, he actually said,

"I salved my rage. Shoulda seen me."

To salve =
    In extended sense: To heal or remedy (a disease). Chiefly fig., to heal (sin, sorrow, etc.).

< Previous | Next >