I therefore recommend

< Previous | Next >
Hello! I’m wondering whether this sentence is correct:

I therefore recommend, without reservations of any kind, Mr. John Smith as deserving of the admission to study at your University.

I am trying to state that the person I'm recommending is worthy of the admission, or should be admitted.

I'm concerned about "I therefore recommend". Should I rather say: "Therefore, I recommend" or does it not matter?
<-----Additional question has been given its own thread by moderator (Florentia52)----->

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • The Newt

English - US
    Hello! I’m wondering whether this sentence is correct:

I therefore recommend, without reservations of any kind, Mr. John Smith as deserving of the admission to study at your University.

I am trying to state that the person I'm recommending is worthy of the admission, or should be admitted.

I'm concerned about "I therefore recommend". Should I rather say: "Therefore, I recommend" or does it not matter?
    <-----Additional question has been given its own thread by moderator (Florentia52)----->

Thank you!
    It doesn't much matter, although "I therefore recommend" might sound a little less pompous.

AlabamaBoy

American English
    I therefore recommend, without reservations of any kind, Mr. John Smith as deserving of the admission to study at your Uuniversity.
    I would remove the word "the" in blue. I think I would also say "without [any] reservation" rather than "without reservations of any kind." I would use the full name of the university rather than "your university." This is just a matter of style.

mohamed abdou

arabic egypt
    we can say /
    Therefore ,I recommend, without reservations of any kind,that Mr. John Smith is worthy of admission to study at your university.

< Previous | Next >