I thought about you often while I was away!

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by Fitnessbyz, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Fitnessbyz Member

Canada, english, tagalog
    Privet! I'm a new girl on this forum. I'm leaving for Moscow in couple weeks to study Russian at MGU, and I'm soo excited!!

I like a guy from Moscow that I met in Yalta this past summer and I wanted to know how to say a few phrases to him when I see him again.

1. I've missed you!

2. I thought about you often while I was away!

3. The situation I was in was confusing for me. I did really like you, and I still do. ***(I want to make sure that I don't use the phrase "love" in this sentence, and that he reads it as "like"...I don't want him to freak out or anything by thinking that i'm trying to tell him "I love him")***

Also, can someone help me with Prepositions please? what are the common, most used ones.
    Read this or choose another grammar website from here and try to come up with a more specific question (in a new thread ;)).

Thanks soo much!

Fitnessbyz

2. Q-cumber

Q-cumber Senior Member

1. I've missed you!
    Я скучала по тебе! <I had been missing you - process> or Я соскучилась по тебе! <I've missed you!>

2. I thought about you often while I was away!
    Я часто о тебе думала <to think> (or вспоминала <to recollect>)!

3. The situation I was in was confusing for me. I did really like you, and I still do. ***(I want to make sure that I don't use the phrase "love" in this sentence, and that he reads it as "like"...I don't want him to freak out or anything by thinking that i'm trying to tell him "I love him")***
    Положение, в котором я оказалась, приводит меня в замешательство. Ты мне тогда действительно понравился, и до сих пор нравишься.

Don't you think the previous phrases will make him think this way? ;) I dare say you describe all the symptoms of love pretty clear.

3. Fitnessbyz Member

Canada, english, tagalog
    Q-cumber-

I guess he's gonna know at some point. : )

Can you please write the phrases in the english alphabet please? When I get SMS from him, he writes in english alphabet. My phone doesn't support the cryllic letters.

Thanks so much.

4. Woland

Woland Senior Member

Israel
    Romania/Romanian
    Here's the translit version for SMS

1)Я скучала по тебе!
    ya skuchala po tebe
    2)Я часто о тебе думала
    ya chasto tebe dumala

Положение, в котором я оказалась, приводит меня в замешательство. Ты мне тогда действительно понравился, и до сих пор нравишься.
    Polozhenie, v kotorom ya okazlas' ,privodit menya v zameshatel'stvo . Ty mne togda deistvitel'no ponravilsya ,i do sih por nravish'sya