I want a picture with you

< Previous | Next >

b.davis

Italian
You meet an actor and you want a picture with him.
What's the correst question you should ask him?

- "Can I have my picture taken with you"?

- is "Can I get a picture with you" correct?

• owlman5

English-US
    You could ask either of those questions, B Davis, and the actor will understand you. If you want to sound especially polite, you might try "May I have my picture taken with you?" Or "Would you mind if I had my picture taken with you?" Throwing a "please" into the question would also be a good idea.

Veera

India-Tamil & Telugu
    As a non-native speaker, I am not sure about this suggestion. But, can I say 'Shall I taken a picture with you?' .

Is this suggestion correct? .I hope it works. But, I am waiting for other's comments.

owlman5

English-US
    As a non-native speaker, I am not sure about this suggestion. But, can I say 'Shall I taken a picture with you?' .

Is this suggestion correct? .I hope it works. But, I am waiting for other's comments.
    That question wouldn't make any sense, Veera. One of the other versions in this thread would be much better.

DocPenfro

English - British
    But, can I say 'Shall I taken a picture with you?'
    Here you are mixing up the active and passive voices of the verb.

I take a picture of you.
    Your picture has been taken by me.

If you saw Brad Pitt, you could ask him: "Please may I have my picture taken with you."

Note: "taken by you" means "you" are holding the camera and taking the photo.
    "taken with you" means "you" and I are standing next to each other while somebody else takes the photo

< Previous | Next >