I want some ice cream

< Previous | Next >

Honeycuddle

Banned
London
Bonjour tout le monde,

c'est correcte á dire > 1)Je veux de la glace< en francais?

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Oho

Français
    "Je veux de la glace" means that you want some ice not necessarly icecream but it may.
    "Je veux une glace" obviously means that you want an icecream.

The second phrase seems ok to me.

Moon Palace

French
    Just to make it clear to future users, I agree with thbruxelles: saying je veux de la glace is something a young child going into a tantrum would say. The polite way of saying it would be je voudrais de la glace.
    The only other context that I can think of where je veux would not sound rude would be at a café for instance, when with friends you decide on what each of you wants.

Honeycuddle

Banned
    London
    Hey Moon Palace, thank you very much I totaly understand, "when you go to a restaurant or a public place, and you are making an order for example in a more polite way you use VOULOIR ("to want" or "to wish") in the conditional right <
    je voudrais tu voudrais elle voudrait nous voudrions vous voudriez elles voudraient

par example :

a) Bonjour Monsieur," Je voudrais un kilo de pommes" s'il vous plait ou "Je voudrais du thé"

and if you're amongst people you know well like your friends you can use the présent indicatif for example >Je veux danser avec toi
    Je veux, tu veux, il veut, nous voulons, vous voulez, elles/ils veulent

right?? Thank you all, I totally understand now.Good dayxxx

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >