I was finally finished with my sentence.

< Previous | Next >

hack3rcon

Russian
Hello.
I'm reading Mafiaboy book and I want to know what does "I was finally finished with my sentence" mean? Can it mean "Finally, The judge issued my sentence"?
"I would almost be nineteen by the time I was finally finished with my sentence. In the end, four years of my life would be drastically altered as a result of my crimes."

Thank you.

• Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    The first part says "I would be almost nineteen by the time..." Didn't that give you a clue?

It refers to completing his sentence. He would be almost 19 when he finished serving his sentence.

"I was finished with..." is an idiomatic phrase used to mean that you have completed something or that you are not going to have anything more to do with something.

hack3rcon

Russian
    The first part says "I would be almost nineteen by the time..." Didn't that give you a clue?

It refers to completing his sentence. He would be almost 19 when he finished serving his sentence.

"I was finished with..." is an idiomatic phrase used to mean that you have completed something or that you are not going to have anything more to do with something.
    Thank you ;)

< Previous | Next >