I will be glad to provide you with...

南米様

Castellano - Spanish
Hi all! I'm writing a very formal letter in Japanese and I would appreciate your help with this phrase, which comes just before the letter closing.
It's addressed to a professor and I'm keeping it polite. Since I'm not enclosing a resume/CV, I wish to say something like this:
"I will be glad to provide you with further information about myself (and my activities), so please be kind enough to contact me if possible"

This is my attempt:

私のことについては、詳しい情報をお知らせしたいですが、もしよろしければご連絡下さい。

Does it sound appropriate to Japanese natives? I will look forward to your proposals.

よろしくお願い致します

• karlalou

Banned
    母国語:日本語
    I wish to say something like this:
    "I will be glad to provide you with further information about myself (and my activities), so please be kind enough to contact me if possible"
    This is my attempt:
    私のことについては、詳しい情報をお知らせしたいですが、もしよろしければご連絡下さい。
    You want it as ので rather than ですが.

~したいので、~してください
    or
    ~したいのですが、~でしょうか
    are good combinations.

How about.. 私についてでしたら、喜んでさらに詳しくお知らせしますので、お手数をおかけしますが、ご一報くだされば幸いです。 This way it sounds more like you are the one needing the contact from the professor.

kamot

Japanese - Japan
    I prefer 私のことについて詳しい情報をお知らせしたいので、もしよろしければご連絡いただけると幸いです.

Since you're not enclosing a resume, you probably have some concern. For example, you are not sure that the professor is interested in your applicant, and so on. If so, it might be better to express your concern instead of "もしよろしければ".
    もしご興味があれば、私のことについて詳しい情報をお知らせいたしますので、ご連絡いただけると幸いです。

南米様

Castellano - Spanish
    このような親切な返事をしてくれてありがとうございます!

One last thing:
    Just before that sentence my letter reads: ---下さる方がいらっしゃると幸いです
    In my native language, we avoid repeating the same structure. Would you avoid using 幸いですagain in Japanese too?

kamot

Japanese - Japan
    In my native language, we avoid repeating the same structure. Would you avoid using 幸いですagain in Japanese too?
    Yes, we also avoid repeating the same structure in Japanese.
    I use variants such as;
    〜ご連絡いただきたくお願いいたします。
    〜ご連絡くださいますようお願いいたします。
    〜ご連絡をお待ちしております。
    〜ご連絡いただければと存じます。

< Previous | Next >