I will be near your house tonight....

Cynthia F

UK
English - UK
Can anyone please help with the following?

I will be near your house tonight if you would like to come back with me for a few hours? Or wait till Saturday?

Many thanks!

• LucioDaMusk

polski - uproszczony :)
    Będę w pobliżu Twojego domu dziś wieczorem, jeśli chciałbyś wrócić ze mną na kilka godzin ? Albo poczkać do soboty ?

Warning : I tried translate it literally, I can't understand the meaning.
    Whether the first sentence is the question?

Cynthia F

UK
    English - UK
    Dziękuję - thank you for your help.

Perhaps it would have read better had I put:-

I will be near your house tonight. Would you like to come back with me (to my house) for a few hours? Or wait until Saturday night?

Greg from Poland

Polish
    Dzisiaj wieczorem będę w pobliżu Twojego domu. Chciałbyś pojechać do mnie na kilka godzin czy wolisz poczekać do soboty?

Edit:
    If you want to address your message to a female, then you must substitute "Chciałbyś" with "Chciałabyś".

NotNow

English
    Dzisiaj wieczorem będę w pobliżu Twojego domu. Chciałbyś pojechać do mnie na kilka godzin czy wolisz poczekać do soboty?

Greg,

I am trying to improve my Polish, and I have a question about your translation. Isn't it important to know whether they are walking to Cynthia's or going by some sort of vehicle? I was under the impression that pójść should be used if they are walking. I also thought this is an important distinction in Polish.

Am I being too technical? Is the difference between pojechać and pójść important in everyday Polish?

I will sincerely appreciate your comments. Thank you for your time and effort.

Last edited:

fragile1

pojechać is to go by something what is moving with the wheels, car, tram, bus, train, bicycle, scooter, etc.
    pójść is to walk; go on foot

Last edited:

fragile1

After all, LucioDa Musk made the closest version.
    come back - wrócić - doesn't matter by foot or by car

Jeśli chciałbyś wrócić ze mną na kilka godzin, to będę w pobliżu Twojego domu dziś wieczorem? Albo poczekać do soboty?

(who, will wait: you - "Albo poczekam do soboty"; he: "Albo poczekaj do soboty"; or 2 of you; if 2: "Albo poczekajmy do soboty")

.Jordi.

polonès
    pojechać is to go by something what is moving with the wheels, car, tram, bus, train, bicycle, scooter, etc.
    pójść is to walk; go on foot
    The difference is not always as clear as you are trying to present it.
    For example, if someone says „jutro pójdę do kina”, it doesn't mean, that this person is going to go on foot!

Cynthia_F: Don't worry, your questions are not silly at all! Besides, that's why we are here — to help :).

fragile1

The difference is not always as clear as you are trying to present it.
    For example, if someone says „jutro pójdę do kina”, it doesn't mean, that this person is going to go on foot!

Cynthia_F: Don't worry, your questions are not silly at all! Besides, that's why we are here — to help :).

Your question Cyntha is ofcourse not silly.
    And Jordi: did I say that is it all knowledge about 'pojsc' and 'pojechac'? In that case: „jutro pójdę do kina”, on the end you have to go by foot to the cinema, because your car should be outside.
    But doesn't matter. In Cynthia case, was better to say 'wrocic'.

Greg from Poland

Polish
    Greg,

I am trying to improve my Polish, and I have a question about your translation. Isn't it important to know whether they are walking to Cynthia's or going by some sort of vehicle? I was under the impression that pójść should be used if they are walking. I also thought this is an important distinction in Polish.

Am I being too technical? Is the difference between pojechać and pójść important in everyday Polish?

I will sincerely appreciate your comments. Thank you for your time and effort.

Not Now,

You've made a very accurate observation. There is a difference between pójść and pojechać, at least in this context.

I, however, was sure (for some reasons) she would make the journey by car.

Cynthia F

UK
    English - UK
    Thank you everyone for your contributions. You are all helping me out much more than I can say!

I will make sure I provide full context information next time.