I will choose it's planter to be the next emperor

urdulearner24

English
I am trying to write a story in Arabic, this sentence says "I will choose it's planter to be the next emperor!". However, my question is, do I write it as:

فسوف أختار مزارعه أن يكون الإمبراطور التالي

Or

فسوف أختار مزارعه أن أكون الإمبراطور التالي

?

• rami3877

Arabic
    I am trying to write a story in Arabic, this sentence says "I will choose it's planter to be the next emperor!". However, my question is, do I write it as:

Or

?
    the correct sentence this👇But Nobody
    writes like that.
    فسوف أختار المزارعه لتكون الإمبرطورة التالية
    So I propound to write it like this
    المزارعه ستصبح الإمبراطورة التالية و هذا قراري

Last edited:

Mahaodeh

Arabic, PA and IA.

Or

?
    Neither. You have two things here:

1. You used it’s planter in English, meaning that you are referring to the person that planted a particular thing regardless of that person’s profession. You confirm it further by adding الهاء to مزارع. The problem is مزارع means farmer as a trade not an active participial as you need. Adding the هاء to it makes it just sound wrong. I would use زارع to convey the meaning you want and it also works with الضمير المتصل.

2. You used أن يكون to translate to be, this will not work because أن + the verb create مصدر so أن يكون means كائن, which is not what you want to say. What you need here is an explanation for choosing, I would go with لام التعليل.

As such I suggest the sentence become:
    فسوف أختار زارعه ليكون الإمبراطور التالي

Of course يكون here does not convey the meaning of الكينونة because it’s فعل ناقص, hence you can replace it with another one. In terms of the meaning you want, which is “to become something” as opposed to being it, I would use يصبح or يصير so my sentence is:

فسوف اختار زارعه ليصبح الإمبراطور التالي