I will keep track on how the pairing between you two without prior notice.

Unvoluntary-account

Italian
Hello,

While translating the movie "Little Q" I found this subtitle (sentence above):

"I will keep track on how the pairing between you two without prior notice".

I would like to know if this is formally correct, cause it seems very strange to me. My guess is that the supervisor will make "spot checks" to make sure the pairing between the guide dog and his owner is going as planned.

Thanks

• Chez

English English
    It seems very strange to me too – not to say nonsense!

It could possibly be something like:
    I will keep track on how the pairing between you two is going/progressing without prior notice.

That at least makes sense: I will check up on how you two are getting on without giving you any warning first (in other words, I might check up on you when you are not expecting it so I can see how you are really getting on).

Unvoluntary-account

Italian
    It seems very strange to me too – not to say nonsense!

It could possibly be something like:
    I will keep track on how the pairing between you two is going/progressing without prior notice.

That at least makes sense: I will check up on how you two are getting on without giving you any warning first (in other words, I might check up on you when you are not expecting it so I can see how you are really getting on).

That's exactly what I was thinking. Since I suspect the subtitles weren't written down by a professional, I think that he just unintentionally forgot to write that part.