I would be grate ful/ I will be grate ful

stevepham

vietnam
Can anyone show me the difference between these 2 odd sentences ?

I would be greateful if you could stand out of my way.

I will be grateful if you join my force

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Our problem here, stevepham, is that you've asked us to explain the differences between two sentences that are not similar to each other.

When someone asks the difference between Sentence A and Sentence B, we would normally expect this type of example:

A. I will be grateful if you could stand out of my way.

B. I would be grateful if you could stand out of my way.

Those sentences are different in one particular regard ("will" vs. "would"), and that forms the basis for a question. Your sentences, however, say completely different things. One is about people standing out of the way, and the other is about people joining one's force.

We're happy to help, but we need you to focus your question a bit in order for us to do so.

stevepham

vietnam
    ^: Sorry for making 2 too different sentences how about

A: I will be grateful if you can help me to finish project.
    B: I would be grateful if you could help me to finish this project .

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    You'll find many threads explaining this subject if you put "will would" into the search box at the top of the page. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page that opens and you'll see a long list.

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Sorry for making two too-different sentences; how about:

A: I will be grateful if you can help me to finish project.
    B: I would be grateful if you could help me to finish this project.
    The word "this" is missing from the first sentence. Otherwise, both are grammatically correct, and both sound natural to me; the second is perhaps a bit more tentative and deferential.

stevepham

vietnam
    oh Thanks, I guess I encountered a problem because I couldn't find anything the last time. Thanks , I will find it out now :)

< Previous | Next >