I would expect [salary] per month

egholst

English
Hi all,

I am trying to answer an email about a possible employment opportunity. I was asked to send my "pretensiones de renta." I am trying to think of how to answer that. Could I say "Espero un sueldo de 400,000 por mes." I want to say it in a way that perhaps sounds flexible but formal.

Thanks for your help!

• frida-nc

English USA
    [moderator comment]
    Hello eghoist,
    Before you can be answered in Spanish, you must tell us what you would say in English, since we are a translation forum, not a forum dispensing general advice.
    And that English must be what is in your title (Rule 3), so as soon as you give us the wording, moderators will correct your title. Thanks for understanding.

William Stein

American English
    Hi all,

I am trying to answer an email about a possible employment opportunity. I was asked to send my "pretensiones de renta." I am trying to think of how to answer that. Could I say "Espero un sueldo de 400,000 por mes." I want to say it in a way that perhaps sounds flexible but formal.

Thanks for your help!
    For the US, you could say "expected retirement benefits". For the UK, "expected pension benefits" for pretensiones de renta

egholst

English
    I'm sorry. So basically I wanted to know if I can say " I would expect around 400,000 per month" as "espero un sueldo de 400,000 por mes" Thanks.

William Stein

American English
    He is referring to his monthly wage, not about future pension benefits.
    Right, I figured that out with the extra context (better late than never...). I guess renta can refer to income because they say "Impuesto sobre la Renta"

What about the polite way to say it in Spanish? Me convendría un sueldo mensual de...?

< Previous | Next >