I would like to see/ have a look at the bride and the groom?

< Previous | Next >

hectacon

Hindi
I would like to see/ have a look at the bride and the groom?

Which one fits here , see or have a look at?

• heypresto

English - England
    What is the context? Are we talking about a photograph, or the actual couple? Do you want to meet them to discuss something? Do you want to sit at the front at the wedding ceremony?

hectacon

Hindi
    Do you know the meaning of "look"? "Look at" means to look carefully or to examine.
    See is an inactive word. When your eyes are open, you do it without thinking. Example- I see a car near the store.

Look at is an active word. You must want to do it. But it is for a short time. Example- Look at this dress.

Watch is also an active word. You must want to do it but it is for a longer period of time. Example-Let's watch television.

heypresto

English - England
    See is an inactive word. When your eyes are open, you do it without thinking. Example- I see a car near the store.

Look at is an active word. You must want to do it. But it is for a short time. Example- Look at this dress.

Watch is also an active word. You must want to do it but it is for a longer period of time. Example-Let's watch television.

But the meaning of 'see' we are discussing here is #14 in the WR Dictionary: "to meet and converse with; visit". 'Look' and 'watch' are not related to this meaning.

Englishmypassion

India - Hindi

What do you want to say, Hecta?

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >