ich brauche einen Regenschirm. (Accusative)

< Previous | Next >

Greenmile30

Arabic - Egypt
Good day every one ..
I am in level A2 in German and self studying from Delfin book ..
I have found this sentence and would be appreciate if some one helped me to understand the grammaer ..

da ist ein regenschrim
Ich brauche (einen)
hast du keinen regenschrim
nein ich habe keinen
aber (den) finde ich nicht shhon
hier is noch einer

1- I would like t know why ein converted to einen? why it became AKK ?
2- aber (den) .. he used (den) i know it is akk case but why this is (AKK)?

• perpend

Banned
    American English
    1) da ist ein regenschirm
    "ein" is an indefinite article in the nominative case

2) Ich brauche (einen)
    "brauchen" is a transitive verb. "einen" is a pronoun for "der Regenschirm", and is the object of "brauchen", so it needs to be declined in the accusative case. So, it can't be "ein", it needs to be "ein-en*". *-en makes it accusative.

3) hast du keinen regenschirm
    "haben" is transitive here. It takes the object "keinen Regenschirm". "keinen" is a determiner that need to be declined in the accusative case. *-en

4) nein ich habe keinen
    "keinen" functions as a pronoun here. See 2)

5) aber (den) finde ich nicht schoen
    "finden" is a transitive verb. "den" is its object, so needs to be accusative, and refers to "der Regenschirm"

6) hier ist noch einer
    "einer" is a pronoun for "der Regenschirm, but it's in the nominative case "ein-er**", because the verb in 6) is "sein", so the pronoun stays in the nominative case.

1- I would like t know why ein converted to einen? why it became AKK ?
    2- aber (den) .. he used (den) i know it is akk case but why this is (AKK)?
    Oy....hope that helps.

perpend

Banned
    American English
    Nominative refers to the subject, loosely speaking, of a sentence.

Accusative (AKK) refers to the direct object of a verb.

ayuda?

I Googled these sites, which explain things well. It should help answer any questions you might have: [German only hurts for a while…eventually you get numb to the abuse.] :confused::(:)
    :arrow: Google Search>difference between nominative and accusative German > http://www.fluentu.com/german/blog/german-nominative-accusative-pronouns-cases-articles/
    >what are grammatical cases, anyway
    >…Nominative case> …>Accusative case >…German, etc.
    :arrow: Google Search>ein and kein in nominative and accusative case in german >
    http://www.vistawide.com/german/grammar/german_cases.htm [indefinite articles or ein/kein-words]
    :arrow: http://german.about.com/library/blcase_sum2.htm [just some extra info—personal pronouns, etc.]

Explanation for your examples:
    1.)
    da ist ein regenschrim [Ein Regenschirm ist da] subject (Nominative) [masculine]
    2.) Ich brauche (einen) [ also: Ich brauche einen Regenschirm]
    einen
    is the masculine direct object of the action/verb = (masculine) Accusative
    [ein in the Accusative becomes einen]
    Note: for predicate nouns: when the main verb is sein or werden, use the nominative for both subject and predicate nouns.
    3.) hast du keinen regenschrim
    Kein in the masculine Accusative = keinen
    4.)
    nein ich habe keinen
    Kein
    in the masculine Accusative = keinen
    5.)
    aber (den) finde ich nicht schön [Also: aber den/ihn finde ich nicht schön]
    Note: The definite article der/die/ das/ die (plural) [can be substituted for the personal pronouns:
    er/sie/es/ sie]
    **der = den in the Accusative

6.)
    hier ist noch einer [einer/keiner ist noch hier] [as a subject/(Nominative) einer/keiner is used]
    Note: Always be careful of tricky, very flexible German word order when determining the case.
    That is to say:
    Example: Das ist**ein Tisch. [after the verb sein/werden (with its subject and verb) the noun is always in the Nominative (predicate noun).

Last edited:

bearded

i am facing trouble to find the different between AKK and nominative although i studied it!
    Could you tell me the different between both?
    Hello
    Since your mother-tongue is Arabic, I will give you an example concerning the Arabic language (al lugha al fuSHa): to say 'father', you use
    abu (nominative) and aba (accusative). In German, the difference between the two cases is the same.

< Previous | Next >