Ich werde morgen dich treffen. /Ich werde dich morgen treffen.

marcogaiotto

Italian
Ich werde im Juli dich treffen. /Ich werde dich im Juli treffen.
Hello! Are both sentencec correct? I'd go for the second. Thanks a lot for your help!

• Frieder

I'd go for the second.
    That would be the default order.

You can change the element around (almost) any way you like. But the meaning will change:

(Default order)Ich werde mich mit dir im Juli treffen
    Im Juni werde ich mich mit Alfred treffen,aber im Juli werde ich mich mit dir treffen.
    Mit Alfred werde ich mich im Juni treffen,aber mit dir werde ich mich im Juli treffen.
    Ich habe mich im Juni mit Alfred getroffen,aber ich werde mich im Juli mit dir treffen.
    Miteinander gesprochen haben wir ja schon im Juni,aber treffen werde ich mich (erst) im Juli mit dir.

(As I've noted elsewhere, I think "jemanden treffen" is an Anglicism, unless it's "to shoot someone". In all other cases it should be "sich mit jemandem treffen". But unfortunately the former has become commonplace.)

JClaudeK

Français France, Deutsch (SW-Dtl.)
    (Default order)Ich werde mich mit dir im Juli treffen
    In my opinion, the "default order" is "Ich werde mich im Juli mit dir treffen."

"mit dir/ jdm. treffen"
    belongs together (sentence bracket) , unless you want to stress the temporal component (im Juli).

Are both sentencec correct? I'd go for the second.
    You are right, this would be the most "natural" if you don't want to stress a particular part of the sentence.

Last edited: