I'd kick it with who I wanted

Pizpireta

Spanish, Spain (Valencia)
This text: I'd kick it with who I wanted is part of a song.
Could you please help me with the meaning of this phrase?

A little bit of context:

I go drink beer with the guys
chase after girls
I'd kick it with who I wanted
and I'd neve get confronted for it
because they stick up for me

Thank you very much in advance.
Mil gracias.
:)

• Chez

English English
    Like a lot of songs, it doesn't make much sense and it isn't very good English. My best guess would be that it's talking about what great friends he has and saying he'd fight with (kick it) anyone he liked and not be scared because his friends would help him/look after him (stick up for him).

But there's no guarantee that's the correct meaning...

Heaney

English - British
    I remember that song, it's good i'd appreciate the name haha. "kicking it" means to have a good time with, have fun with. I'd kick it with who I wanted, means I'd have fun with/hang out with, who I want.

Oh and it's if I were a boy by Beyonce I think haha.

EDIT: It is a slang term, probably from America, but is used here sometimes.

Pizpireta

Spanish, Spain (Valencia)
    Thank you Heany for the explanation. Very interesting!

Although, then I dont know why it says "I will not confront it for it" though. If it is something nice and positive, why will he get confronted? Any help on this?

EDIT: Yes, it is Beyonce's song. :)

Heaney

English - British
    I think that from beyonce's point of view, if she were a boy, she'd treat a girl the way she is being treated. (The video is really helpful in understanding this song, it make slittle sense untill you see the end haha). So she'd drink with the guys and chase after girls. She'd kick it with who she wanted, and never be confronted or held responsible for her actions because her friends would lie and stick up for her. She (as a boy) would be free to do as she wanted without consequences.
    From her point of view as the girl with a boyfriend who doesn't treat her with respect, it isn't a positive thing. Though usually kicking it with friends is a positive thing.

Songs can be interpretted in many different ways and even for native english speakers there are disagreements, but that is how I interpret it.