I'd like chicken, potato and cabbage noodles

< Previous | Next >

Declan2020

Chinese
I am a secondary English teahcer, and this sentence"I'd like chicken, potato and cabbage noodles." is from our textbook. But for me, when I order noodles, I will never say just like this. I will say "I'd like chicken noodles with potatoes and cabbage". So I just want to know if the sentence in bold is proper to order food.

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    It's exactly how I would order a dinner with three items: chicken, and potato, and cabbage noodles. (Seems heavy on starch and could use a green vegetable, but perhaps I'll also have a salad.) If that's one dish, I would also order it that way if that's what it's called on the menu. There's nothing wrong with your sentence, though. It just might not be the same thing.

Declan2020

Chinese
    1588688237332.png
    This is the listening material

It's exactly how I would order a dinner with three items: chicken, and potato, and cabbage noodles. (Seems heavy on starch and could use a green vegetable, but perhaps I'll also have a salad.) If that's one dish, I would also order it that way if that's what it's called on the menu. There's nothing wrong with your sentence, though. It just might not be the same thing.
    Many thanks sir and i have post the conversation in which the sentence is

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    As I understand it, cabbage noodles are just bits of cabbage that have been shredded so that they look like noodles, and cooked to a similar consistency.
    "Chicken noodles", on the other hand, sounds like a chicken dish that includes "normal" noodles. Not the sort of thing to which it would be sensible to add potatoes.

< Previous | Next >