If (future), (future)

Yimo

Czech
Hi,
is this right?

If every homework is going to contain more than ten sentences I will start complaining about it.

It should be a conditional with both sentences related to future ... :)

• Copyright

American English
    Let them know you're serious... if they're going to do that in the future, I'm going to start complaining now. It sounds better to me with both time elements.

Yimo

Czech
    Let them know you're serious... if they're going to do that in the future, I'm going to start complaining now. It sounds better to me with both time elements.
    Thanks! :)

Just you used
    If they're going to do that in the future, I'm going to start complaining now.

My sentence was
    If they're going to do that in the future, I will start complaining (now).

It seems to me that your sentence is better. So should there be twice going to ?

IamSam12345

English- USA
    I would say: If every homework assignment contains more than ten sentences I am going to complain.
    Hope this helps!

Copyright

American English
    Thanks! :)

Just you used
    If they're going to do that in the future, I'm going to start complaining now.

My sentence was
    If they're going to do that in the future, I will start complaining (now).

It seems to me that your sentence is better. So should there be twice going to ?
    Sorry, I was sleeping... but now that I'm awake, I imagine that I used "going to" twice because of some subliminal preference. It keeps the verbs the same while changing only the time factors, which I would draw attention to.

Having said that, your original sentence is fine with the added "now": If every homework is going to contain more than ten sentences I will start complaining about it now.

Yimo

Czech
    Sorry, I was sleeping... but now that I'm awake, I imagine that I used "going to" twice because of some subliminal preference. It keeps the verbs the same while changing only the time factors, which I would draw attention to.

Having said that, your original sentence is fine with the added "now": If every homework is going to contain more than ten sentences I will start complaining about it now.
    Thanks once again. :)

< Previous | Next >