Ivano Burato

Banned
Italian (from North Italy)
Could someone kindly explain difference between the two below discourses??:

If I did not have sufficient money I would'n have bought you this luxory car

Option 2:

If I hadn' t had sufficient money I would not have bought you this luxory car

Which of the two is correct??

As for me the second one is probably the more correct discourse..... nevetheless any comment is appreciated. Kindest regards Ivano

• Majorbloodnock

British English
    Could someone kindly explain difference between the two below discourses??:

If I did not have sufficient money I would'nt have bought you this luxory luxury car

Option 2:

If I hadn't had sufficient money I would not have bought you this luxory luxury car

Which of the two is correct??

As for me the second one is probably the more correct discourse..... nevetheless any comment is appreciated. Kindest regards Ivano
    I would say both are grammatically fine. The second says you wouldn't have bought the car unless you were sure you could afford it at the time. The first says the same thing, but additionally implies you currently have enough money even after the purchase to feel comfortable.

Ivano Burato

Banned
    Italian (from North Italy)
    Of course..: Thanks so much for your satisfactory explanation..

Last but not least.. if ever you have another spare moment:
    Actually two more riddles for me.

Rightsgroups ( i suspect...right-groups) or rights' groups (noun+noun... the first one acts as an ajective.. such as in shoe-shops rather then shoes-shops )

Accomodation or accomodations ?? ( should be uncountable therefore accomodation.. nevetheless lots of advs. they post accomodations offered

Many thanks kindest regards again ivano

Majorbloodnock

British English
    Can I suggest you repost the second question as a separate topic, please? The forum rules ask for only one question per thread, presumably so it's easier for others to find the answers more easily.

< Previous | Next >