if the scorer hasn’t scored an alert will pop up

ensoie

English, Hindi
I am having a hard time translating this sentence in French..spent a lot of time on it, can't figure out the right translation. There are parts which i cant translate at all. It is related to computers.
Heres the sent : "At this stage, if the scorer hasn’t scored all the questions, an alert will pop up (refer to the above screen shot). Please note that though tool alerts informing about not scoring the entire list of questions,it does not refrain the scorer from submitting the score"

Sorry for the incomplete translation, whatever i am unable to translate i put in red and that i am unsure about i have put in blue.
My translation: "A cette étape, si le scorer n'a pas évalué toutes les questions, une alerte will pop up (voyez la capture d'écran ci-dessus). Bien que l'outil alerte en informant si toute la liste de questions n'a pas été évaluée, veuillez noter qu'il n'empêche pas le scorer de soumettre le score."

• marcolo

France, french
    For scorer, I think that the translation will depend on the attributes of the person, you could say :

- la personne
    - le candidat (if questions are done for candidates applying to a job or something similar)
    - le joueur (if this is a game)
    - le participant

For "pop up" , I suggest :

une alerte va s'afficher (voir la capture d'écran ci-dessous).

Usually, we never say "voyez" for instructions inside parenthesis, but "voir" or "cf." (cf. = confer). If you want to detail the operation :

une alerte va s'afficher sous forme d'une boite de dialogue

But you don't need, in my opinion, "s'afficher" is clear enough.

ensoie

English, Hindi
    oh...this is something new that i learnt now..i was not aware that we use l'infinitif in parenthèses...thanks a lot for that info marcolo. Ok..so u say there is no specific term for scorer?

But one question..does the word "le/ la? score" exist in French? If yes, does it have a specific context?

Anyone could please help me with the other confusing words in my translated text?

Marcolo , can you suggest anything too?

Homosum

France, Français
    I am having a hard time translating this sentence in French..spent a lot of time on it, can't figure out the right translation. There are parts which i cant translate at all. It is related to computers.
    Heres the sent : "At this stage, if the scorer hasn’t scored all the questions, an alert will pop up (refer to the above screen shot). Please note that though tool alerts informing about not scoring the entire list of questions,it does not refrain the scorer from submitting the score"

Sorry for the incomplete translation, whatever i am unable to translate i put in red and that i am unsure about i have put in blue.
    My translation: "A cette étape, si le scorer n'a pas évalué toutes les questions, une alerte will pop up (voyez la capture d'écran ci-dessus). Bien que l'outil alerte en informant si toute la liste de questions n'a pas été évaluée, veuillez noter qu'il n'empêche pas le scorer de soumettre le score."
    "A ce stade, si le candidat/correcteur/etc. n'a pas évalué toutes les questions(/réponses ?), un signal d'alerte s'affichera automatiquement (voir la capture d'acran ci-dessus). Notez que ce signal d'alerte informe que la liste des questions (/réponses?) n'a pas été évaluée, mais qu'il n'empêche pas le candidat/correcteur/etc. de soumettre un score/une note/une évaluation."

Non ? Qu'en pensez-vous, peuple français ? :)

ensoie

English, Hindi
    Homosum...i find your translation good!!! Great job! THANKS! However, just like you asked the "peuple francais" i dont mind any suggestions d'ajout from them.

< Previous | Next >