Il fenomeno della corruzione amministrativa: prevenzione e strumenti di contrasto

Michela89

Italiano
Hello everyone!
i need some help! I am writing my thesis about the administrative corruption. What is the English for : IL FENOMENO DELLA CORRUZIONE AMMINISTRATIVA: PREVENZIONE E STRUMENTI DI CONTRASTO?

Thank you so much!

• rrose17

Canada, English
    I think Ben's is fine only I'd add (or omit) a few things. Is the word phenomenon absolutely necessary? What exactly is la corruzione amministrativa? To me "administrative corruption" doesn't really mean anything unless it's obvious which administration you're talking about? University? Government?Or is it something altogether different? Also in Ben's he wrote "law' enforcement and I don't see how "strumenti di contrasto" immediately involves the law.
    Administrative Corruption: Prevention and Tools of Enforcement

Last edited:

Michela89

Italiano
    I think Ben's is fine only I'd add (or omit) a few things. Is the word phenomenon absolutely necessary? What exactly is la corruzione amministrativa? To me "administrative corruption" doesn't really mean anything unless it's obvious which administration you're talking about? University? Government?Or is it something alrtogether different? Also in Ben's he wrote "law' enforcement and I don't see how "strumenti di contrasto" immediately involves the law.
    Administrative Corruption: Prevention and Tools of Enforcement
    Thank you for the precious help! Should I use even the article “The” before “administrative corruption”? With “la corruzione amministrativa” I mean all the corruption cases committed by Pubblic officials (like mayors, politicians etc..).
    Thank you again Rrose17!!!

rrose17

Canada, English
    You're welcome. :) You would use "the" only in very specific cases such as "the administrative corruption found in Rome". To me "government" works better than administrative which, as I wrote above, is too broad in English, at least, so that the meaning is far from clear. Another suggestion could be
    Preventing Government Corruption and How to Enforce it.
    Anti-Corruption in Government: Prevention and Enforcement

Michela89

Italiano
    You're welcome. :) You would use "the" only in very specific cases such as "the administrative corruption found in Rome". To me "government" works better than administrative which, as I wrote above, is too broad in English, at least, so that the meaning is far from clear. Another suggestion could be
    Preventing Government Corruption and How to Enforce it.
    Anti-Corruption in Government: Prevention and Enforcement
    Thank you so much for the time you have spent for me! Your advices has been really useful!

lentulax

UK English
    I might say something like 'Corrruption in public administration : how to counter it and prevent it', but that's because I think the faces of those who assess theses must brighten up immediately when they see something straightforwardly expressed, rather than padded out with redundancies like 'Il fenomeno' - but maybe that argument won't have any appeal in Italy.

< Previous | Next >