il loro incontro era segnato

entrapta

Italian
WARNING title is slighty different, the right sentence is: fortunatamente il loro incontro era scritto nel destino....

[or scritto nelle stelle] because I don't like how the sentence has been written to begin with. The context is: a talking cat is being molested by awful guys (a cartoon) and the protagonist runs into this cat and "saves" her. ...I thought "thankfully their encounter was witten in the stars/was a sign of fate?? ... no I know it's not right.... anything that sounds decent....

• BluePoint

Italia, Italian
    WARNING title is slighty different, the right sentence is: fortunatamente il loro incontro era scritto nel destino....

[or scritto nelle stelle] because I don't like how the sentence has been written to begin with. The context is: a talking cat is being molested by awful guys (a cartoon) and the protagonist runs into this cat and "saves" her. ...I thought "thankfully their encounter was witten in the stars/was a sign of fate?? ... no I know it's not right.... anything that sounds decent....
    I'd try: "Luckly enough, their encounter was written in the stars".

Nothing really good, sorry.
    BP

entrapta

Italian
    What I would like to say is that the fact that they met was somethind written in fate.. but I'd rather use something colourful involving "stars"..it would be appropriate given the trivial context....

Alec71

Italian
    Really... I can't see your point. Sorry,probably too tired...

BPoint used the stars version, I proposed another one... you can even decide to mix them together, e.g.

Their destiny was written in the stars. They were predestined to meet.

< Previous | Next >