Il presente attestato costituisce titolo per l'ammissione a pubblici concorsi

lizlyons

USA and English
I hope someone can help me figure this out. This is on a certificate of completion (electro-mechanic's school). In fact the whole sentence confuses me:

" il presente attestato costituisco titolo per l’ammissione a pubblici concorsi ed é valido ai fini dell’iscrizione nelle liste di collocamento con la qualifica sopra precisata, nonchè per l’avviamento al lavoro e per l’inquadramento aziendale, a norma dell Art. 14 della legge 21.12.78 n° 845."

I read this as "this certificate qualifies as admission to examination and is valid through the end of the enrollment period ..." and after that I just get more confused.

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

TIA! : )) Liz

• Silvia

Italian
    Il presente attestato costituisce titolo per l'ammissione a pubblici concorsi
    This certificate qualifies its holder to sit for public competitive entrance examinations

Credo di essere lontana dalla traduzione corretta, ma la verità è che spero un madrelingua inglese fornisca la traduzione giusta ;)

lizlyons

USA and English
    Silvia, grazie mille. I came up with something similar but do not have the exact wording I used with me. I will let you know. I appreciate your validation. I had to figure out that there are these standardized public competency exams in Italy! That took me awhile and now you have confirmed it. Thanks - when I am at my other computer, I will tell you what wording I decided on. You are so kind to help me. Ciao, Liz

lizlyons

USA and English
    Good evening Silvia,

Thank you! Here is what I put, before I got your reply. This was the whole sentence that I posted first. I hope I was close enough!

"This certificate grants admission to State exams and is valid through the end of the placement lists enrollment with the above clarified qualification, as well as for commencing work and for business placement, according to Law 21.12.78. no. 845, Article 14."

Here was the Italian:

" il presente attestato costituisco titolo per l’ammissione a pubblici concorsi ed é valido ai fini dell’iscrizione nelle liste di collocamento con la qualifica sopra precisata, nonchè per l’avviamento al lavoro e per l’inquadramento aziendale, a norma dell Art. 14 della legge 21.12.78 n° 845."

What do you think? Did I get it close enough? : )

Grazie mille,

Liz

Silvia

Italian
    lizlyons said:
    "This certificate grants admission to State exams and is valid through the end of the placement lists enrollment with the above clarified qualification, as well as for commencing work and for business placement, according to Law 21.12.78. no. 845, Article 14."

Here was the Italian:

" il presente attestato costituisce titolo per l’ammissione a pubblici concorsi ed è valido ai fini dell’iscrizione nelle liste di collocamento con la qualifica sopra precisata, nonché per l’avviamento al lavoro e per l’inquadramento aziendale, a norma dell Art. 14 della legge 21.12.78 n° 845."

What do you think? Did I get it close enough? :)
    I think it's good, Liz. Try to use the correct accents ;)

lizlyons

USA and English
    Hi Again Silvia, OOOops.:eek: I do have to work on those accents. The details are important. Thanks for point that out to me and for all your kind and generous help, too. Buona notte : )