il s’agit d’un programme

dobry_den

Czech, the Czech Republic
Hi! I tried to translate the following sentence into French:

I would find the European undergraduate programme interesting to study because its curriculum covers all of my favourite areas of study.

translation:
Je trouve «European undergraduate programme» très intéressant parce qu’il s’agit d’un programme qui me donne une possibilité de s’occuper de mes disciplines preférées.

Is my French sentence grammaticaly correct? Thanks for any sugestions/corrections! :)

• ChiMike

USA, English
    Although you didn't ask, part of the problem is the English sentence which needs to be simplified.

"I would find the European undergraduate programme interesting to study because its curriculum covers all of my favourite areas of study."

Try:
    I find the European undergraduate programme interesting because it covers all of my favourite areas of study.

In translating into French, you have already made part of the simplification sugggested (...intéressant parce que...).

Je trouve que le programme "European undergraduate" intéressant parce qu'il couvre (traite) toutes mes études préférées (favories)."

dobry_den

Czech, the Czech Republic
    Thanks very much...! You version sounds definitely better:)

PS Isn't the "que" in the last sentence abundant?
    "Je trouve que le programme" -> "Je trouve le programme"

ChiMike

USA, English
    Thanks very much...! You version sounds definitely better:)

PS Isn't the "que" in the last sentence abundant?
    "Je trouve que le programme" -> "Je trouve le programme"

Yes, sorry! :eek: It is surplusage. I was going to write: Je trouve que le programme...est intéressant, but I stopped halfway:(...and I think you can just omit the "que" and be just as well off.:)

Et BONJOUR à vous aussi! ;-)