french france
Bonjour,

je souhaiterai savoir comment traduire l'expression:

il serait temps d'accorder vos violons

Merci

• emmap

french france
    Merci de toutes vos réponses / Thank you for all your answers

Well, I'm looking for an idiom, if it exists, with at least a musical context: accorder vos violons gives harmony.

Je cherche, s'il en existe une, une expression avec un contexte musical: accorder vos violons donne de l'harmonie.

Merci

emmap

french france
    Well, the thread isn't only for me but for everybody so please continue posting idioms having the same meaning as "accorder vos violons" in english.

Thanks.

ps: yes I'm looking for an idiom with a musical context anyway ;)

la grive solitaire

United States, English
    Shouldn't it be : "It is about time you all got on the same page" ?

You can say it either way, although the latter seems to me a tad more colloquial.

It's about time [for] you all [to] get on the same page.= It's about time [that] you get on the same page.

It's about time [that] you all got on the same page.

Kelly B

USA English
    I don't hear sing from the same hymnal/hymn sheet often, but I've seen it in an article or two.
    On the other hand, the similar-sounding make sure we sing the same tune might be inappropriate: I associate that one with a criminal gang getting the cover story ready before interrogation.

Gil

Français, Canada
    On the other hand, the similar-sounding make sure we sing the same tune might be inappropriate: I associate that one with a criminal gang getting the cover story ready before interrogation.
    Ça me semble être une adaptation des suggestions du Harrap's:
    Familier accordez vos violons
    make sure you tell the same story,
    make sure you get your stories straight
    Copyright © 2000, Harrap's Multimedia, © 2000, Havas Interactive

< Previous | Next >