I'll be on you

< Previous | Next >

kamitalla

Chinese - Taiwan
What does "someone is on someone" mean?
I saw a gaming video in which the man said, "Moving to engage, then I'll be on you wingman."

Did he mean "the wingman in enemy team is his next target"?

Last edited:
  • dermott

B.E. via Australian English
    It's impossible to know with so little context. Is wingman the name of another player in the game? Wingman, in military terms, means someone flying outside you, supporting you. You need to provide more information.

kamitalla

Chinese - Taiwan
    In this video, the player was flying a fighter jet attacking enemy fighter.
    He said, "Moving to engage." And then "then I'll be on you wingman."
    It seems like he have trimmed the video before these two sentences.
    The video's name is BEST BF3 PLAYER EVER "YOLO On The Battlefield" on YouTube.
    But what is the best guess?
    Should the "wingman" refer to someone on friendly forces or on the enemy side?

Last edited:

dermott

B.E. via Australian English
    I looked at the video. "Wingman" is someone on the same side as the player. The player can only talk to players on his side, he can't talk to the enemy. It's impossible to know what he means by "I'll be on you" because of the editing of the audio.

kamitalla

Chinese - Taiwan
    I looked at the video. "Wingman" is someone on the same side as the player. The player can only talk to players on his side, he can't talk to the enemy. It's impossible to know what he means by "I'll be on you" because of the editing of the audio.
    I am translating this video. Maybe I should just cut this out. Still thank you for helping me!

< Previous | Next >