I'm a Keith girl.

< Previous | Next >

tabushechka

Russian - Russia
That's a term used in Roadies.

That's new US series about a popular rock band which has a concert tour around the country.

In the series, while refering herself as "a Keith girl", the actress - the photographer - she probably pinpoints someting rock'n'roll style, I think, because right after she offers to a women to have a date or something in NY someday. Because she is a Keith girl. Well...

I found it as a canadian beer, or maybe it is all about Keith Richards all in all. Any your variants would be appreciated.

• fiercediva

American English
    Hi Tabushechka,

Do you know which of the episodes that have aired contains the scene you've mentioned?

I tried skimming episode transcripts, but Cameron Crowe has the characters name-dropping every few seconds and it's quite painful to read!

Last edited:

Szkot

UK English
    Mick Jagger appears a few lines up ('I don't care if you gave Mick Jagger a blowjob in 1975 '78'), so Keith Richards is the obvious reference.

tabushechka

Russian - Russia
    Mick Jagger appears a few lines up ('I don't care if you gave Mick Jagger a blowjob in 1975 '78'), so Keith Richards is the obvious reference.

But ghm.. in this case, what is the diffenence between MJ's fangirls and KR's girls? Because for me they are all the same/
    But she (and I really do think that she means this too but... ) the Photographer, what did she try to say by that?

Is it some rock'n'roll story or what? I have no clue here.

Hermione Golightly

British English
    I don't know about this TV show, but this expression 'I'm a (-) girl/man/guy' usually expressses a particular liking or preference for the (-) whether it's a common noun or a proper noun.
    'I'm a Keith girl' suggests the speaker likes Keith rather than Mick if Mick and the Stones have been mentioned before.
    One vulgar use of the format is 'boob man/guy' as opposed to 'bum man', to indicate a preference for parts of the female body, but you could say 'I'm a white-chocolate girl' if the discussion was about chocolate preferences.

Szkot

UK English
    People have always had their favourites in rock bands - you would need to find a sixty-something year-old female (from the West :)) to explain. The exchange does not really have any meaning - it's just bantering conversation.

fiercediva

American English
    But ghm.. in this case, what is the diffenence between MJ's fangirls and KR's girls? Because for me they are all the same/
    But she (and I really do think that she means this too but... ) the Photographer, what did she try to say by that?

Is it some rock'n'roll story or what? I have no clue here.
    The photographer, who is being scolded by Shelli for bullying, is stating that she really did have an encounter with Mick Jagger in 1978 (as opposed to 1975) but prefers his bandmate Keith. I doubt this is based on any real-life story; the two famous female photographers of that Stones era were Annie Leibowitz, who is gay, and Lynn Goldsmith, who lambasted Stones' bass player Bill Wyman for sexually harassing her when she flew on the band's jet documenting the 1978 Some Girls tour.

tabushechka

Russian - Russia
    People have always had their favourites in rock bands - you would need to find a sixty-something year-old female (from the West :)) to explain. The exchange does not really have any meaning - it's just bantering conversation.

:rolleyes:wherever, it's much clearer now, thank you!

tabushechka

Russian - Russia
    I doubt this is based on any real-life story; the two famous female photographers of that Stones era were Annie Leibowitz, who is gay, and Lynn Goldsmith, who lambasted Stones' bass player Bill Wyman for sexually harassing her when she flew on the band's jet documenting the 1978 Some Girls tour.
    :thumbsup:That's big, but yes, that could be anything here - not exactly this fact, but something in the close.
    Thank you.

< Previous | Next >