I'm a psychologist and I [care for, attend to] children

Xavier da Silva

Senior Member
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know which of the expressions (care for, attend to) can be used in the sentence "I'm a psychologist and I care for children." / "I'm a psychologist and I attend to children."

The meaning intended is: offer and provide help, assistance or treatment for children.

Thank you very much in advance!
  • Linguo IS Dead

    Senior Member
    English - U.S.
    I wouldn't use either.

    "Care for" implies you feed them, change their diapers, give them medicine when they're sick, and so on. It almost sounds like you're saying you're a psychologist and also work in a daycare center.
    "Attend to" just sounds strange in this context.

    I'd suggest "treat", or "work with".
    < Previous | Next >